Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Day 40: Fall is in the air.

Wednesday, August 30th
Oooh, I love this time of year! I love watching the leaves change, and feeling the cool breeze that cuts through the hot days. I love being able to wear jeans and jackets again. I love back-to-school, even when I'm not going back to school! Is that weird?


Tomorrow night my mom, dad, and I are going to a pre-season pro football game! I'm so excited. I have never been to a pro game before and I think it'll be fun. Clint's mom is going to watch Colby, so he'll get to hang out and have fun with his grandparents. Then Friday is Clint's dad's birthday, and Saturday is our friend Sage's first birthday party! We'll be home on Sunday and still have another day to hang out, since it's Labor Day weekend. I'm really looking forward to it.


Every night, when I go to bed, I am so excited for the next day. I have never experienced this before, unless I'm going on a trip or have something fun planned. I just love waking up, playing with Colby, putting him down for naps, cleaning, cooking, blogging, and drinking coffee. It makes me feel good to have a clean (or at least semi-clean) apartment, and a happy kid and husband. I know that much of the reason for my happiness is that I have found a good balance. I don't neglect myself. I make sure that if I'm tired I take a nap (when Colby's napping, of course). If I need a break because Colby has been exceptionally cranky that day, I hand him off to Clint and have some time to myself. I make time for everyone.


I am so happy in my life right now, and I couldn't imagine it any different. We are working towards owning a house sometime (hopefully) soon. We have healthy dinners and still have extra money to have fun. Our families are awesome, and our friends rock. I am one lucky woman. I am glad for the choices I have made in my life. They haven't always been the easy ones, but they have definitely been the right ones. I'm so fortunate, thankful, and absolutely grateful for what I have. It scares me to know that everything could be taken away from me in an instant, but there's no use in worrying about something I have no control over. I will just take each day as it comes, and enjoy every minute.


Shew. Sometimes I get kinda deep and Dr. Phil-ish don't I? Well I'm done. (For now anyway!)


Today's weather is looking kind of bleak. Just a preview of what's to come in the fall and winter, I guess. It's a darn good thing I love the rain. I couldn't live anywhere that's sunny all the time. Sometimes you just need a break from the sunshine, ya know? Plus, I am a strong believer that we are more appreciative of the sunny days because we don't get them all the time.


I was going to walk to Costco to pick up the invitations I ordered, but we'll see how the weather holds up. It's amazing to me, last fall we took our newborn Colby for walks in his stroller and there were lots of fall leaves on the path. This year we'll still go for walks on the same path and there will be more leaves, but Colby will be a toddler. It reminds me of one of those sappy movies that makes you cry when you see the montage of time passing. Ahhh, life. :o)


Okay, I think I'm going to do some Yoga while Colby's napping today. I feel so chunky lately, and I'm not 100% sure why. Maybe because Colby's not really breastfeeding anymore and I'm not burning those extra calories? Hmmmm...


Oh, wait! One more thing. Colby slept through the night last night! I am convinced that it is directly related to the fact that he's mostly on formula now. I think breastmilk is too easily digested and therefore makes him hungry faster. Ever since he started on formula, he's been sleeping longer and longer. I woke up at 5 this morning almost in a panic, "What's wrong? Is he alive? Should I go check on him?" I didn't check on him because I didn't want to wake him up, but I didn't really get back to sleep. Hopefully he continues this sleeping through the night trend. I could get used to it!


To Do:
1. Yoga
2. Walk
3. Pick up invites
4. Laundry
5. Dishes
6. Vaccuum

No comments: