Monday, August 28, 2006

Day 38: I dedicate this to Aunt Donna.

Monday, August 28th
See Aunt Donna, I told you I'd do it. You didn't believe me did you?
After attending a family get-together this weekend, I realized how many people actually read my rambling blogs and actually enjoy them, so I decided to get to writing them again! This is for all of my fans out there.
; )
Alrighty then, down to business. I was doing so bad at exercising and eating well, but I think I'm back on track. (Okay, with the exception of the crap I ate last weekend.) Clint and I have realized how much we spend on groceries and eating out, and decided to re-evaluate our spending. I have started planning meals for the week and shopping only on Sunday or Monday. That way, I don't find myself in the grocery store multiple times a week, spending money on stuff that we really don't need. Plus, I'm planning lots of healthy meals, so that's a double bonus! My cousin Leslie suggested the site allrecipes.com and I LOVE it. They have a kagillion recipes complete with nutrition facts and suggestions for side dishes to serve with the meal. It has been wonderful. I'm trying to fix us a couple of vegetarian meals every week too, because meat is so dog-gone expensive! So far so good!
Clint took one section of the CPA exam on Friday. We're crossing our fingers that he passed. He worked his butt of for this one, I'm positive that he aced it. He was so ready for that test. I'm so proud of my man! He's going to take this week off from studying, but has to get right back on it after the weekend. He has another test on October 7th!
Clint's mom took me shopping for a new outfit on Friday! My birthday isn't until 9/11, but there's nothing better than an early birthday present! I am so spoiled by my mother-in-law. I got two totally cute shirts and a pair of dark blue jeans that I don't have to have hemmed. Wait, I'm going to repeat that, because I don't think you were paying attention: I don't have to get them hemmed. Do you know what that means to a short person like me?! Oh, and to make it even better, they're hella cute. Now I just need to get myself a pair of sexy heels and my outfit will be complete.
Other than that, nothing else is new! Colby is a walking machine now, which is so cute and yet so scary. He's a clutz like his mama, so he gets a new bump, scratch, or bruise every day. Poor kid.
So much to do today. After Colby gets up from his nap and has some lunch, we're going to walk to Costco. I sent the invitation that my mom made in and got one copy made so I can make sure it turns out okay before I jump into ordering all of them. I still can't believe my baby is turning one...
To Do:
1. Walk
2. Pick up Invitation
3. Laundry
4. Dishes
5. Plan Meals for Week
6. Grocery Shopping

No comments: