Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Day 33: Teeth and whining.

Wednesday, August 2nd

I said it once, and I'll say it again: teething sucks. Poor Colby looks like he's getting 4 teeth on top at the same time. Ouch. This means he's not sleeping very well at night, which means I'm not sleeping well. Double ouch. I am completely wiped out, even though I took a nap again this morning.

Today I went to the dentist. I haven't been to the dentist since 2004 because the dentist we had was a total a-hole and I didn't want to go back. Then Clint got his new job and we've had dental coverage, but I just haven't gotten around to making an appointment. (Woops, my bad.) My teeth weren't horrible, but it was clear that I hadn't been in for a while. I have 3 whopping cavities. They scheduled me to get them filled and tried to get me to have the white ones put in. They're waaay back in my mouth and by getting silver fillings I saved $155. Even so, it'll cost us $100 for the fillings and I don't even want to know how much this checkup, x-rays, and cleaning cost.

Excuse me while I rage for a bit... Ugh! Why is everything so damn expensive?! We just finished paying off medical bills from Colby's birth, and then we get this random $165 bill from some appointment I had in March of 2005. What is that?! So we paid that off last month and I'm thinking we're in the clear from random bills for a while, so we can save some extra moola, but then we go to the dentist and that's going to cost us a fortune. Clint has an appointment for next Friday and he thinks he'll probably have at least a few cavities, since I did. So there's more money for another checkup and likely more fillings. AHHHHH! Are we ever going to come out on top?! Are we ever going to be able to save money to get out of this damn apartment and into a house? Are we ever going to be able to afford to have another kid? At this point in time it looks bleak. Damnit.

So this leads to me feeling guilty about not working. Yet again. I hate feeling guilty about that. Yeah, I could go back to work. I could go back to evening shifts at some lame waitressing job, but that means I don't get to spend time with Clint. I could go and find a day job and put Colby in daycare, but first of all I don't want to, and second of all, it's expensive. I've researched the cost and I'd basically be working to pay daycare expenses. What's the point in that?

I'm tired today, can you tell? I'm tired and cranky and extremely pessimistic. I think I need chocolate. Chocolate almost always makes me feel better, even if it's just for a little bit. : ) But wait, chocolate would not only go against me trying to lose weight, but it could give me more cavities. Grand!

To top things off, Clint took my iPod to work today, so I haven't gone for a walk. I know, lame excuse, but I really don't enjoy walking without a soundtrack. I guess I'm a little ADD in that way.

Alright, I think I need another nap. That is, if I can get Colby to take one too. Oy. I don't know if anyone reads these blogs anymore, but if you do, I could really use some encouragement today.

Calories Burned Yesterday:
  • Walk 17 min/mile for 26 mins- 124.8 Cal.

Total Calories Burned This Week: 469 Cal.

To Do:

1. Dishes

2. Jog/Rollerblade

No comments: