Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Day 39: Ahhh, I love nap time.

Tuesday, August 29th
I think I'm going to be totally lost when Colby decides to go down to one nap a day. I love the break in the morning (when I drink my coffee, mess around on the internet, take a shower) and in the afternoon (when I clean and start dinner). I don't know what I'm going to do when I have to do all of those things in one naptime. I think I'll have to sacrifice the shower. I kid, I kid!
Clint and I are trying SO hard to save money. We just set up a budget for ourselves and figured that we're spending way too much money on groceries and going out. So far, we're staying within the budget, but there are still 2 more weeks left of this "month" (we're going from the 15th of one month to the 14th of the next). It's so exciting to save money, but it sucks when you're trying to get started. I know it will all pay off once we see our savings growing, though.
I'm really excited because we just settled on my car accident from 2004. We got enough money to pay off my car! We're going to continue taking the amount of that car payment out each month, but put it into a CD or other high-interest savings. That's going to add up really fast, and we won't miss the money because we aren't used to having it in the first place! We're going to use that money as our "home improvement fund." We know we're going to have to buy a fixer-upper when we do eventually buy a house, so we want to have some cash on hand for new paint, carpet, water heater, whatever we'll need to fix it up! Now if we could only buy a house...
Man, we are so lucky to have such generous parents. They are always babysitting Colby, taking us to dinner, buying us stuff, helping us pay for other things. My parents are going to supply BBQ stuff for Colby's birthday. Clint's parents just gave us their 32" (or is it 35"...) TV with the stand. Not only that, they helped us move it up here. I feel so spoiled! I wish we could pay them back. I can't wait until we're making more money and we can treat them to dinner every once and a while. I know, they're parents and they don't expect it of us. I know they want to help us out because that's what parents do. I just hope they know how much we appreciate it. We are so lucky.
I'm not quite sure what's on today's agenda. I know I need to go for a walk, but I feel like I need to switch it up. Maybe I'll drive to another trail or something. This neighborhood is nice, but it gets boring walking the same way every day. Blech.
Calories Burned This Week: 265
To Do:
1. Walk
2. Mop Floors
3. Dishes
4. Laundry

No comments: