Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Day 41: September has arrived.

Tuesday, September 5th

Wow. It's already September, can you believe it?! Kids are going back to school and it feels like summer just started. Actually, I take that back, it has felt like a very long summer, but in a good way!

I am excited for the seasons to change. With every new season comes a new beginning. New weather, new opportunities, new... clothes! Okay, so maybe that's why I want it to get just a little bit colder outside. My mom took me shopping last weekend and got me an incredibly cute outfit. (Another early birthday present!) It's awesome because the outfit I got from Jenny is casual and the outfit from my mom can be casual or slightly dressy. I'm all set for warmer weather!

This week is going to be fantastic. Friday I get to see Kristen, who was my absolute best friend growing up. She lives in California and I haven't seen her since graduation in 2001. We are two totally different people, but that's what's fun about getting together with her. Plus, her family was basically my second family growing up and I'll get to see them on Saturday at her brother's wedding reception. Fun times!

I was reading through my journal last night. This time last year I was extremely pregnant and praying to go into labor, but not on my birthday. I kept saying in my journal that I was bored and just hanging around home, sleeping and watching TV. I wrote that I knew I was going to miss those days of peace and quiet and boredom once Colby was born. What's funny is that I really don't miss it. I hate being bored! And anyway, I do get peace and quiet when Colby goes down for naps. I would be miserable if I was at home with nothing to do. Granted, I know that he'll start napping less and start being louder and even more active than now, so maybe in the near future I will want some peace and quiet, but right now I'm a-o-k! I love that my day is spent entertaining, and being entertained by, Colby. There's nothing better in this world than hearing that little boy laugh.

Colby breakthrough: he will sit and read books. Well, only two books right now. See, any time I usually try to sit with him and read, he gets fussy and wants to go play. But, our friend Sage gave him two Feel 'n Learn type books called That's not my bunny... and That's not my tractor... where on each page you see why that isn't the right thing because something is too soft, or scratchy, or rough... It's great!

Anyway, the little monster has just woken up from his nap, so I should feed him some lunch! Have a great week!

To Do:
1. Buy Stamps
2. Groceries
3. Walk

No comments: