Monday, September 25, 2006

Day 45: What a weekend!

Monday, September 25th

I am a little sad that the weekend is over! It was SUCH a blast. First off, Colby's party went off without a hitch. I was really worried that something would go wrong or that he wouldn't like his cake, silly stuff like that. Turns out I had absolutely nothing to worry about and it all went well! Everyone arrived around 1 and left by 4. My cousin Leslie and her family couldn't make it until 4, so we fired up the BBQ again and kept the party going! It was nice because I wasn't ready to stop partying. Plus, I hadn't really had a chance to eat the whole day because I was running around doing other stuff, so I got to have a burger!

Sunday was completely freakin' awesome. My dad had some work he had to do, so I got to take his ticket to the Seahawks/Giants game. It was off the hook! Because of all of the press about artificial noise being pumped through the speakers at Qwest field the crowd retaliated with some serious cheering and jeering. Clint is really hoarse today, and I have a sore throat. It was totally worth it, though!

Before the game Mike, Clint, Jesse and I hit the tailgate area early. I mean, we were drinking by 10am. I have NEVER drank that early! I ran into a couple of the bartenders from my former restaurant which was nice. They hooked us up with our first beers of the morning!

Anyway, the game was a total riot. I wish I could go to more, but I'm happy with getting tickets when people want to give them up. Mike's giving me his ticket to one of the Monday night games too! I'm so excited!

So, now my little man is one. I am so excited to watch him grow up! I am excited to have my body back for at least another year or two. To tell you the truth, I can kinda see why people only have one baby. I mean, you give your body up for 9 or 10 months. Then you go through the hell of labor and delivery along with recovering from it. Followed by another year or so of very little sleep, breastfeeding, and depression over the fact that your body will never be the same again. Don't get me wrong, it is completely 100% worth it, but it does suck at times. I am excited to do it all over again, just not yet.

I got another wind of really wanting to live down south this weekend. It was so nice seeing all of our friends and family. It makes me sad! When I'm up here, I feel like I don't have any friends, but down there I have SO many fun people to hang out with and many of them have babies around Colby's age. I told Clint we should just move before he gets a transfer and he can commute to and from work every day. I mean, he'd be going against traffic, so that'd be a plus! But still, it'd be over an hour of driving and that's not fair to him, especially during tax season.

Every time I wish we lived down south again, I remind myself that it will suck at first. We're planning on moving into my parent's studio apartment for a couple of months, and that is going to be very interesting with a 1 year old. I have no idea where we're going to put his crib, and when he goes to sleep, we're going to have to sleep too! Unless we stick him in the bathroom and shut the door... I'm only kidding. Kinda.

Anyway, I'm going to get going. I'm still pretty tired from the weekend, and new shows are premiering tonight! Sweeeet. Fall is so awesome.

Hope everyone has a great week! Go HAWKS!

No comments: