Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Day 46: Sleep is good.

Wednesday, September 27th

Today has been such a wonderful day! Colby has been sleeping like a champ which means that for the first time in over a year, I have gotten a full nights' sleep on a regular basis. This morning I even woke up before him and got a shower in, just like normal people do!

We both got a nap this morning and after lunch we went to the park. Colby had a blast playing around on the equipment and surprised me by going down the little slide all on his own! He would climb up to it, sit down, push off, and get off the slide like a big kid. I was so amazed and really freaked out at first. We met some kids there and I got a chance to talk to another mom. She told me of some good places to take Colby, so that was nice!

This mom and I got on the topic of our city. She was telling me how much she loves it here and how beautiful it is, and I absolutely 100% agree with her. When I told her that our families live only about an hour away, she said, "Oh, that's not so bad!" Which really got me thinking. No, it really isn't so bad. I mean, so many people live thousands of miles from their families and here I am complaining about living an hour away?! It almost seems silly.

Really, I think that the reason why I want to move so bad is because right now we are in this state of limbo. We're in an apartment which is obviously a temporary living place. I hate temporary. Maybe if we had a house up here I wouldn't be itching to move so bad. But then again maybe I would! My problem right now is that I think we will be moving in the next year or less and I don't want to make really good friends with anyone up here because I know we're only here temporarily. This makes me more lonely in the short run, but saves me from losing friends in the long run, ya know what I mean? Plus, if I do become really good friends with someone up here and we do move, then I'll want to continue to see that friend and end up driving up here all over again. It totally defeats the purpose!

Okay, so I'm over-thinking things. Oh well. It's not like I'm sheltering myself from meeting people. We will be attending MOPS this year and there are lots of moms there to make friends with, and I love talking to other moms at the playground. I guess whatever happens, happens, right?

I just scheduled an appointment to donate plasma! I'm excited and a little bit nervous. I know it's a lot more involved and painful than donating blood, but I know that it helps people out. Alright, so that isn't the first reason why I'm doing it. I get paid $15 for the first donation of the week and $30 for the second. So it's a win-win situation! I help other people out, and I help us out too!

Alrighty, Colby's up from his nap and I should start thinking about dinner. I can't believe this week is half over!

No comments: