Thursday, July 20, 2006

Day 29: What a great day.

Thursday, July 20th
Too many people miss the silver lining because they’re expecting gold.
Maurice Setter

Today is already a good day. Colby and I got up at 8:30, ate some breakfast and headed out for a nice morning stroll. I thought I was going to beat the heat by leaving by 9:30, but it was pretty toasty out there. So, what I intended to be over an hour walk turned out to be only 30 minutes. This actually ended up being a good thing, because Colby decided to take an early nap once we got back!

Our walk was lovely, despite the heat. The sun was shining and there weren’t too many people out on the sidewalks, so we had it all to ourselves. I played Late Tuesday on my iPod, which turned out to be the best soundtrack for today’s walk. (You should really check them out, they rock. Dana Little, one of the band members, sang and played Nora Jones’ Come Away With Me at our wedding. It was fantastic. But why am I telling you that? You were probably there.) The sidewalks are one thing I’m going to miss about this place. I can literally leave my house and walk for many, many miles without running out of a safe place to walk. I love that. And, to top it all off, there’s a whole shopping plaza within walking distance. Now that’s just awesome.

Yesterday I completely cleaned the kitchen. I mean, I got down on hands and knees and scrubbed the floor. Blech. But, it’s done and beautiful now! I also went for my jog last night, but I think it was more like 15 or 20 minutes instead of 10, so that’s sweet.

I love the routine I’ve started. Colby and I go for a walk during the day, and during his 2nd nap I take care of household stuff. Then, after he’s in bed for the night, I go out and jog or rollerblade or whatever I feel like doing that day. I come home, take a shower, and spend time with Clint! It’s nice, because during the time that I’m out for a jog we both get some time to ourselves and then we get time together when I’m back and refreshed. Since Clint wants to go for jogs too we’re going to switch off every other day. On the days I’m jogging, he’ll stay home and lift weights and vice versa. I think it will work out nicely, and we’ll get buff in the process!

Wow. I think I have actually run out of things to say. It’s a miracle! Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
To Do:
1. Dishes
2. Laundry
3. Walk
4. Crunches/Weights

No comments: