Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Day 26: The woes of motherhood.

Wednesday, July 12th

You can’t do anything about the length of your life, but you can do something about its width and depth.
Shira Tehrani



I guess I must be getting back into my workout routine slowly. I have reduced my goals from 3 in each category to 2. I’ll try to work myself back up to 3 for sure. Yesterday I didn’t blog because my cousin Crystal was here for the day. I don’t get to see her very much, and it was great to hang out and chat! She’s getting to the end of her pregnancy and she looks fantastic. Who loses weight when they’re pregnant? Lucky woman. : )

Monday I didn’t walk, but I did do abs. I did the laundry and ran errands, so rah!

My baby is growing up waaaaay too fast. People told me over and over to cherish the little baby moments because they’d be gone before I knew it. Sure enough, that happened to me too. I don’t think I took a single moment for granted, but it still flew by. I continue to cherish every moment because I can already tell that my little baby is going to be a big boy before I know it. I think that Colby is starting to lose interest in breast feeding. This makes me sad because I love those moments where I get to scoop him up into my arms and have a guaranteed 15 minutes with him. But he has places to go, people to flirt with, tupperware to throw around the kitchen. It is much quicker and faster to just drink some formula from a bottle or sippy-cup. None of this “waiting for the milk to come down” business. So, I think we’re going to start weaning. I only planned on breast feeding until his first birthday anyway, so if we start now that will probably work out well. That whole turning one thing? That’s a whole other story. I get a little misty just thinking that in a couple of months my baby will join the ranks of toddler-hood. Why didn’t anyone tell me that it’s so emotional to be a Mom?! Oh wait, they did. Nevermind.

Home:
1. Laundry
2. Straighten Up

Exercise:
1. 30 min. Yoga (it’s a rainy day)
2. Triceps

No comments: