Friday, June 30, 2006

Day 24: Can't wait for the 4th!

Friday, June 30th

Know your limits... but never stop trying to exceed them.
Anonymous


Did you see my exercise goal for yesterday? Run 10 minutes. Me? Run?! Yes folks. I, Lindsay-who-hates-running, ran for 10 minutes. And really, it wasn’t that bad. It was hot outside, and I was pretty much out of breath, but I still did it! How awesome is that?!

I did realize that I can’t run every day, though. The tendonitis in my knee (yes, I have tendonitis in my knees and my hands, and it sucks) flared up last night after the run. I think the more muscle I build up in my legs, and the more stretching I do, the less I will have flare-ups. Just a hypothesis, but I think it makes sense.

I didn’t do the leg exercises yesterday because of my knees. And I also didn’t do the biceps exercises, but I don’t have a good excuse for that one. The dishes were done, but I can’t take credit for that, because Clint did most of it, and alas, the kitchen is still a mess. But I went for a run! I’m sorry, I still can’t get over that.

This 4th of July is going to be great! Last year we went with friends of ours to their cabin on the Sound. (I use the word "cabin" loosely, because it seems more like a nice house to me!) I was 7 months pregnant last year, and their twins were 7.5 months old. This year, Colby’s 9 months and the boys are 19.5 months old! We’ll be there Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and leave Wednesday. Last year was so relaxing, and I think this year will be too (that is, after all the boys go to bed). I’m a little worried about how Colby will react to the fireworks, though. Last year, he was doing somersaults and jumping around every time there was a loud bang. I have a feeling this year he’ll be in tears. He’s a pretty tough kid and it usually takes a lot to make him cry, but when he gets scared, he lets you know. (Ask Mike, he’s good at antagonizing Colby by Moooing and making scary faces.) I’m just really excited to hang out with Jesse and Kendra. We always have so much fun together, and it’s always nice to have normal adult conversations. Or maybe not so "normal," but adult conversations none-the-less.

So, I won’t be blogging until next Thursday, so don’t miss me too much! I know, it will be hard, but you’ll get through it. ; )


Home:
1. Run Errands
2. Clean Kitchen

Exercise:
1. Walk 30 mins.
2. Squats/ Inner-Thighs (tendonitis permitting)
3. Abs
4. Biceps

No comments: