Thursday, June 29, 2006

Day 23: Patience

Thursday, June 29th

Patience is the key to paradise
Turkish Proverb

pinkladys


I like to think that I’m a patient person. I hope I am anyway. Of course, I have my moments of irritability where nothing happens fast enough for my liking, but I think that’s normal. Weight loss is one area in which I have been extremely impatient in the past. When I try to lose weight, I want results and I want them yesterday. I hate that it takes what feels like forever to see the product of all my hard work. This time around, I have a much more realistic "take it one day at a time" attitude. I know, I definitely have days where I feel like giving up because I haven’t seen as much of a change as I feel like I should, but I always get back on the horse. I think that realistic attitude stems from a couple of things. First, I’m not dieting. Just typing that word makes my skin crawl. See, I love food. I mean, if I could marry it, I would. Alright that might be going a little too far, but you get where I’m going with this. I absolutely cannot tell myself, "You can’t eat x" because ya know what happens? I want "x" even more when I tell myself I can’t have it! I make sure that I eat sensibly and I’ll have dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate (I hear it’s way better for you) and I’ll eat 99% fat free waffles instead of the nummy fatty ones, but when it comes down to it, I really don’t notice a difference. I also give myself a break on the weekends. I might go for a walk, but if I don’t exercise I’m okay with it. And if I have a few drinks and eat chips and burgers then oh well. I know, if I cut these things out completely I would see a difference in my weight in a shorter amount of time. But really, how long would that last? I can tell you: one day. Tops. I’m not going to avoid chips, burgers, and alcohol for the rest of my life, right?

Yesterday I didn’t get to the laundry again. Woops. I’ll do it today! But, everything else I completed. Wohoo!

Home:
1. Laundry
2. Dishes/Kitchen

Exercise:
1. 40min. Walk/ 10min Run
2. Biceps
3. Squats/Inner-Thighs

No comments: