Friday, January 12, 2007

Day 57: Baby Fever!

Friday, January 12th

I have baby fever and I have it BAD! It feels like there are so many people pregnant right now. People from my high school class, people on BabyCenter who had babies in September 2005 like me, people I pass on the street! I haven't had it this bad since, well, since we decided to get pregnant with Colby. Man, trying to get pregnant was SO fun. Hopefully it works as fast next time.

I have to remind myself that it isn't a ton of fun being pregnant. First, when I find out I'm pregnant I worry incessantly about miscarrying, even though I know that's a stupid thing to worry about since there's nothing I can do about it. Then, there's the morning sickness for at least 3 months, and this time around I have a 1 year old to chase around and change his poopy diapers. Ew. Then there's the whole weird in-between time when you're not really showing and just look fat. That isn't so much fun. And of course, the end of the pregnancy boasts the lovely "big as a house" feeling. Add to that we are still living in this small apartment far away from our family and it really would SUCK to have a baby soon. Not to mention it feels like Colby just starting sleeping through the night not that long ago and that would be thrown out the window as soon as a little one arrived. And I'm just remembering being wet all the time that first month or two from breastfeeding, ewww.

But there are so many more awesome things about little babies!! You get to hold them as long as you want, and breastfeeding is amazing. It will be so fun to see if we get a boy or girl, and see what he/she looks like. I love seeing Clint holding his newborn baby, it's the sweetest thing EVER. Plus, I think it will be SO much fun to see Colby with a sibling. I think he'll be such a good big brother!

There's stuff I think I need to do before we get pregnant again, so that I can feel completely ready. I've probably mentioned this a million times before, but I need to keep saying it to remind myself! I want to get in shape, have a great time in Vegas (drinking and all), and get into a house. After all of those things fall into place, we'll really talk about the whole baby thing. Actually, I think we might start trying in August this year, assuming we have a house (or are at least close to it). The only thing we're hoping is that the next baby isn't born in September, we just have WAY too much going on that month!

Anyway, my baby fever has subsided a little bit writing this, so that's a good thing. Now I should probably turn off A Baby Story and that will help tremendously.

1 comment:

.:Heather:. said...

If my math is right...weren't you preggo when writing this?