Monday, January 01, 2007

Day 55: Holidays and Resolutions

Monday, January 1st

I can't believe it's already a new year. The holidays went by way too fast! We had a great Christmas and fun New Years too. I hate the week after Christmas, though. There's all this build up to Christmas day and it comes and goes in an instant. It sucks how radio stations start playing Christmas music before Thanksgiving, but the day after Christmas they're back to their regular music program. Why can't they go a couple more days? I need to be weaned from the Christmas season, not dropped cold turkey. It gets me all depressed.

Saturday I went to a funeral for my aunt who died a few days before Christmas. I didn't know her very well, but it was sad none-the-less. The service was very nice and people had wonderful stories to tell about her. She was cremated, so there was no body or coffin and that made it a little easier and less depressing. At the reception my uncle had her urn on the bar next to him while he was eating and chatting with people. We were cracking jokes about her sitting on the bar and other things. It was such a good relief from crying. I have decided that I'd rather be cremated than buried. It's so expensive for burials and coffins and all that stuff and why should I take up perfectly good earth with my bones? Nah, I'd rather be cremated and made into a diamond or something cool like that.

So, this is the start of a new year. In some ways, starting a new year is a little scary to me. I mean, last year was SO wonderful, what if this one isn't? I know, I can't think like that and I should just take each day as the wonderful gift it is. I pray that this year is as amazing and uneventful as last year was.

People are always making resolutions this time of year. I've found that I make resolutions and they last for maybe a month or two and then they go out the window. This year, I'm going to just make plans and work towards them. Here's what I have so far:
1. Mini-Triathlon in August
2. STP in July
3. Vegas trip this summer
4. Buy a house

I will train for the first two and that will get me into shape and help me lose weight. Going on a trip will be fun because Clint and I haven't gone on a vacation without Colby and we really want to go back to Vegas. And the house, well that has been a while coming and we are SO ready to be out of this apartment crap. Did I tell you that Clint got a promotion at work?! Maybe, just maybe, we'll be able to move next spring! (Say big prayers for us.)

Other than that, I want to love life, watch my toddler grow up, keep spending time with Clint, and maybe try for a new baby at the end of the year! (Although it is a little depressing to think that I'll have my body back by then, only to get pregnant again. Oh well, what do ya do?) I am so excited for life, so excited to see what this year brings. Yeah, there may be some hard times, but I know that with the support of my family and friends, everything will be A-O.K.

I wish everyone a happy, healthy, wonderful 2007. Here's to a great year!

No comments: