Thursday, December 21, 2006

Day 54: What's with this weather?!

Thursday, December 21st

I can't believe the weather we're having this year. First a huge flood in November, followed by the crazy snow, and now massive windstorms? Maybe this is just like The Day After Tomorrow.

Last week was pretty nuts. We went down for the Seahawks game on Thursday, the night that they predicted the storm to hit. We hit the bar before the game at about 2 and when we left at about 5, there was a torrential downpour. Within just a couple of seconds of standing outside, all of us were soaked to the bone. Clint, Jesse, and I ran through an alley to get to the stadium, and the gutters were just pouring off water. It didn't matter too much though because we were pretty much as wet as we could get. We sat through the entire (horrible) 3 hour game miserably cold. It could've been worse, though. If I hadn't had so much to drink beforehand I would've cared a whole lot more.

After we got back from the game was when the big storm hit. I couldn't believe how hard the wind was blowing, it was NUTS. Clint's parents lost power Thursday night and didn't get it back until Friday afternoon. My parents lost it Thursday and didn't get it back until early Sunday morning. Fortunately, they have a generator, so we got to watch TV and have heat.

I guess there are still lots of people without power and I feel so bad for them. It amazes me, though, that people are bringing charcoal barbeques and generators into their houses to heat them up. It's so sad how many people have died of carbon monoxide poisoning because of it!

Early this morning we had a fantastic thunder and lightening storm complete with hail. I brought Colby to bed with us and when the lightening hit the first couple of times he said, "Wooooah." It was pretty cute.

But it looks like we have a break in the weather today. I think they said there should be more windstorms in the near future, though. Oh boy!

Okey dokey, I'm going to hop in the shower now, while the little man is sleeping. I hope everyone has a fantastic Christmas and a Happy New Year!

No comments: