Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Day 53: Another Day.

Wednesday, December 6th

Ahh, life. It's amazing, frustrating, and wonderful all at the same time. Kinda like being a parent. It's just one big roller-coaster of ups and downs and all you can do is keep your hands inside the ride and hold on.

I've been in kind of a melancholy mood lately and can't really put my finger on it, but I'm going to try.

I'm kinda sad that I haven't gotten into the Christmas spirit yet this year. I'm a major Christmas person and usually blast Christmas music the second Thanksgiving is over (and lots of times before it's over), but this year I haven't. We haven't decorated yet and I think that has a lot to do with it. Hopefully after we get our tree up and decorated on Saturday I'll be more cheery.

I also miss my friends. Don't get me wrong, I love chatting with my online buddies, but nothing quite substitutes a good face-to-face chat with a girlfriend. I need that so badly. I feel a little pathetic.

The other thing that I think has gotten me down is probably kind of a shock to most people, because it was a shock to me. I am sad that this next Thursday game is my last Seahawks game of the season. As of right now I don't know if I'll be able to get tickets next season, or if that's even an option for me. I have enjoyed going to the games SO much, have learned a ton about football, and really like hanging out on a Sunday morning drinking and walking around the tailgate area. It's so much fun hanging out with Clint and his friends, although I hope I haven't crashed their "guy time." It just makes me sad to know that my fun Seahawks season is almost over. :o(

Yep, I think that sums up pretty well why I'm such a party pooper. At least now I know.

This weekend was totally awesome, though! I took Clint on a surprise trip for his birthday and we had a lot of fun. We stayed the night in a motel on Friday night and early Saturday boarded the Victoria Clipper. We spent the weekend walking around Victoria, talking, hanging out in the hotel, basically just relaxing. It was weird to have no baby responsibilities. There were a couple of times that I was like, "Hmmm, no baby to entertain us, what should we do?" That dilemma was solved quickly though, don't worry. On Saturday night we were once again walking around, looking for that nummy toffee that I can only find in Canada, when all of these cops came by with their sirens going. We thought there was an accident or something, but soon after a whole parade of semis, dump trucks, and other big rigs came up the road. They were each decked out in Christmas lights and those big blow-up snow globes and some were pumping Christmas music from huge speakers. It was such a riot!

It was so nice to get away for the weekend with my man. I think we really need to make time for eachother because it's so easy to get caught up in the daily grind of life and being parents that we forget the reason we're together in the first place. I don't want our kids to grow up and move out and Clint and I look at eachother like, "Who are you again?"

Alrighty, I'm behind on my Christmas present knitting, so I'd better go. Hope everyone is doing well!!

No comments: