Thursday, May 01, 2008

Tribute to Coffee

First love in life: My Family
Second love: Coffee

Oh coffee, how I do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

When I am up with my children in the late hours of the night, or the wee hours of the morning, you are there to remind me: "Regardless of the amount of sleep you get, you can count on me to get you through tomorrow."

You sit perched on my countertop, a pod in the Senseo or ground in Mr. Coffee, ready to brew at a moment's notice. You have never let me down (except when I bought that cheap nasty stuff from WinCo, but we'll let that one slide since it was really my fault).

Your delicious aroma drifts through my house and makes it really feel like home.

I firmly believe that you are best served with friends. The best and most insightful conversations happen over a good cup 'o joe. Plus, it's just nice using coffee as an excuse to get together with friends to chat.

I love your flexibility. You blend well with creamer, or taste wonderful as a Double Tall Nonfat Caramel Macciato. You're good iced or hot, but not so much lukewarm. That's okay though, nobody's perfect.

I owe many days of productivity to you, and your wonderful companion caffeine. So thank you. Thank you for being so great. Now, I'm off to enjoy my first cup of the day. Mmmmmmm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha...I love it! I can so relate. It's hard to describe that moment when you take your first warm sip of the day and feel your entire body relax and you know that everything is going to be okay...