Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Tribute to my family

For Lily:

I love that you go to sleep with a big gummy grin on your face, and it comes back the second you wake up (even at naptime!).

I love that when you smile, your eyes totally disappear (which is a pretty big deal since you have such big eyes).

I love making you giggle, watching you get sleepy, and scooping you into my arms.

I love how you grab my face and play with my sweatshirt strings when you're nursing.

I love how you look at me like I am the most amazing person ever.

I love how you look at Daddy like he's a close second in amazing-ness.

I absolutely love that you think Colby is the coolest thing since mashed peas, and no one else can make you laugh like he does.


For Colby:

I love how much you love your little "Sipper" Lily.

I love the big grin on your face when you go to sleep, and the same bright eyes when you wake up (except at naptime).

I love that you have started saying, "Huh?" when someone says, "Hey Colby!" it cracks me up.

I love that you are such a happy boy, and always trying to make friends with other kids.

I love that you are beginning to become the spitting image of your Daddy.

I love that you have such a big heart.


For Clint:

I love that you are the father of my children.

I love that we met when we did and how we did, I love telling our story.

I love that you find me sexy, even when I haven't showered, am covered in breastmilk and spitup, and otherwise resemble the walking dead.

I love your perseverance; when it is important to you, you do not take no for an answer.

I love that we always do things the "hard way."

I love that I can't write half of the things I love about you here , because they're just between us.

No comments: