Saturday, April 05, 2008

I am officially spoiled.

Whatever I did to deserve such generous people in my life, I don't know, but I am definitely not complaining!

Yesterday Clint called his mom up at about 2pm. This is how the conversation went (slightly abbreviated):

Clint: Guess what mom? Colby has been talking about you all day and said he wanted to see you!

Mom: He did?

Clint: Yeah! And Lily was talking about you too!

Mom: Wow, that's amazing.

Clint: They said they want you to watch them tonight.

Mom: Okay, I'll take them.

Clint: And keep them overnight until tomorrow evening.

Mom: Sounds good! Just let me know when you want to drop them off.



And so, with very short notice, Clint's parents took on the fun of watching our 2.5 year old and 5 month old for over 24 hours. This left us to have a fantastic night of chatting it up and drinking with our neighbors, plenty of *ahem* alone time, and I even got to spend all of Saturday reading, drinking coffee, and shopping. I even took a nap in my car, enjoying the nice warm sunshine and comfortable breeze. I don't remember the last time I was able to do that. (By the way, I don't drive places just to take naps in the car, I was waiting for Clint to get off work so we could drive home.) Then, just before they arrived with the kids, Clint and I were able to do a decent clean up of our house. How much better could it get?

A LOT better!

Clint's dad came in the door with a box and said, "Lins, I was going to try to mess with you, but then I thought, 'Aw, heck with it, I'll just give it to her,'" and he handed me a box. I opened it up and saw the word "Inspiron" and thought to myself (or did I actually say it out loud?) "No WAY." His dad pulled from the box a 17" Dell Inspiron Laptop computer!!! I have been obsessing over getting a laptop for a couple of months now, but had given up hope of getting one any time soon. I had mentioned wanting one to him, and he searched and searched and finally found this one at a great deal. He got Clint in on it, and they split the cost. How do I deserve to be so spoiled?

I tell ya, if I was the crying type, I would've been in tears. Instead, I clapped my hands, squealed, and said, "Thank you, thank you , thank you" and "I'm SO excited" over and over again.

So, this is my first blog on my new, pretty green computer! I cannot tell you how excited and thankful I am to have this wonderful gift. I have such an amazing, generous family! Man, I hit the jackpot.

No comments: